PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY. These updates are delivered to the Manther via the GATE input as packets of data included in a .wav audio file. This data file is LOUD so TURN DOWN YOUR SPEAKERS!
1. Download the zip file to your computer, unpack it and get ready to play back the file.
2. Power down the Manther.
3. Connect a 3.5mm cable from the audio source (audio interface or phone) to the Manther GATE input jack.
4. Turn the volume of your sound source to max output, but turn your speakers down. NOTE: If you are connecting to your phone, make sure you are in airplane mode and no other sounds occur during the update or you will receive errors. NOTE: if you are using an iPhone, make sure your volume is set to max before plugging into the headphone out, once you plug in set your headphone volume to max, then check the volume once the file is playing to make certain it is at maximum. If you are connecting to an audio source on your computer, you will need to connect directly from an audio interface with more gain control (going directly out from a 3.5mm output jack on your computer might not be loud enough and you will receive errors).
5. Now hold down the 16th step button while powering up.
6. You will now see the following screen info:
7. MAKE SURE YOU DON’T HAVE YOUR SPEAKERS TURNED UP as the file is very loud! You can now play the .wav file. If you interrupt the audio in any way and see errors, you will need to start over (power down and perform steps 3-8).
8. Once Manther is receiving the new firmware correctly you will see the following information:
9. Once the screen stops receiving all packets (wait until packets are no longer being received and no errors are present), unplug the 3.5mm cable and restart. You now have the latest firmware installed and will see the new version under MENU > ABOUT. If you do receive errors, don’t worry you won’t brick your unit. You likely just need to boost the output of your sound source, reseat your cable connection and try again (power down and perform steps 3-8).
1. NO SOUND
It’s very likely that slider for the VCA is set to zero (all the way down) and no sound is passing through the VCA.
Try this: press SHIFT+CLEAR to quickly get to a default setting. Now play a couple of staccato notes on the Manther “keyboard”. Now bring up the Release slider on the ENV. Now bring up the Attack slider on the ENV a little. You can hear how the env opens and closes the VCA. Now bring up the VCA a little and play the “keyboard”- you’ll hear that the envelope will fully open the VCA to its loudest, then drop back to the VCA setting. If you bring the VCA all the way up you will bypass the envelope, and the sound will not be attenuated at all.
2. MANTHER IS SLOW TO RESPOND
If any Manther controls are slow to respond, make certain the MORPH control is all the way off (max ccw).
3. NOT ALL SLIDER LEDS ARE LIT
When a slider LED is lit, that means sequence automation is recorded.
When you first power up the Manther, preset A01 is loaded. This is a sequence with automation on some of the controls, therefore not all of the slider’s LEDs are lit.
The sequence needs to be playing to hear its automation. The slider automation is represented in the display.
Pressing SHIFT+CLEAR will set the Manther to default and all slider LEDs will turn off.
4. TUNING WON’T CALIBRATE IF VOLTAGE IS PRESENT AT VCO CV IN
Unplug any incoming CV from this jack during startup in order to calibrate correctly.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL HERE